Follow the steps below to create a Public Folder in Outlook containing Contacts, Calendar, Journal, Notes or Tasks that are viewable to everyone in your organization:
1. Go to File > New > Folder.
2. Enter a name for the folder.
3. Select the appropriate item for the folder under “Folder Contains”.
4. Place the folder anywhere in the Public Folder hierarchy under All Public Folders > yourdomain.com and click OK.
5. To assign permission to other users right-click on the folder and select “Properties”.
6. Select the Permissions tab and add any users that need access to the folder. You can Shift+Select or Control+Select more than one name at a time.
7. Click OK.
If you are creating a Contacts list, all users who wish to access the list must complete the following steps to enable the Public Contacts for Outlook Address Book:
1. Right-click on Public Contacts and select “Properties”.
2. Select the “Outlook Address Book” tab.
3. Check “Show this folder as an e-mail address book”.
4. Enter a name for the address book.
5. Click OK.
Each user must also add the Outlook Address Book, if they haven’t already:
1. Click Tools and select Address Book.
2. Click Tools and select Options.
3. In “When sending mail, check names using these address lists in the following order:” look for the list you created above. If it is not listed, click on Add & browse for the list created and click Add.
© 2009 EasyStreet Online Services, Inc. All rights reserved.
EasyStreet and the EasyStreet logo are registered trademarks of EasyStreet Online Services. Certain other names, logos, designs, titles, words or phrases on this site may constitute trademarks, servicemarks or tradenames of EasyStreet or other entities, which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.