Message Archiving automatically archives your email to a secure centralized location and provides search functionality so you can quickly locate messages using McAfee’s intuitive Parallel Search interface. Message Archiving is designed to be able to meet a broad range of needs including:
- Storage management
- eDiscovery readiness and execution
- Regulatory compliance
- Accelerated message recovery
|Email Server||Edition||Additional Requirements|
|Microsoft Exchange Server 2000||Standard
|Microsoft Exchange Server 2003||Standard
|Microsoft Small Business Server with Exchange Server 2003||Standard||
|Microsoft Exchange Server 2007||Standard
Generic RFC-822 compatible mail servers
EasyStreet and McAfee do not fully support generic email servers and customers are fully responsible for implementing and supporting their server journal. At this time, we
cannot provide documentation and/or support configuration information for generic
servers. Also, without a journal report, Message Archiving will be forced to index the
metadata in the message header, which will result in potentially unreliable data.
At a high level, these are the steps to begin archiving your mail. See the following documentation for more complete details.
- Make sure you have a full and verified mail server backup before proceeding with the Message Archiving configuration.
- Create User Accounts in the Control Console
- Verify/Install Mail Source software and configure Journaling
- Configure Mail Source to use Message Archiving
- Wait 10 to 30 minutes for Archiving to begin
McAfee SaaS Email Archiving Service General Use Reference Materials
- Describes how to connect to mail sources, monitor Message Archiving status, and search for and view archived messages for all users from the MX Control Console. Includes a Troubleshooting section and the use of searching and viewing tools available only to the Customer Administrator.
- Live Webinar
- Thursdays 9AM – 10:30 PT
If you would like to register for the above webinar, send an email with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the date you would like attend. Please send the request at least 2 business days before your desired webinar.
- Describes how to search for and view archived messages from the MX Control Console.
- Describes how to administer the Account Management functions within the MX Control Console to support Message Archiving. Includes setup of domains and users.
- Describes how to administer the Exchange Server (2000, 2003 or 2007 versions) to support Message Archiving. Includes setup of the required journal mailbox.
Important things to remember
- Message Archiving has a max per message size of 25MB.
- The preferred user creation method is Active Directory Sync; please do not use SMTP discovery.
- You are required to have an anti-spam/virus filter; however, it does not need to be McAfeeMcAfee.
- If you need a signed Letter of Undertaking per SEC Title 17 Part 240.17a-4 please contact support.