When you configure your Qwest Advanced Networking Modem with Wireless: 2Wire 2700 HG to act as a transparent bridge, all routing features in the modem are disabled, including wireless features.
To configure your Qwest 2Wire 2700 HG for transparent bridging:
1. Open your web browser (Firefox, Safari, Netscape, Opera, Internet Explorer, etc) and type 192.168.0.1 in the address/URL bar at the top. This should take you to the following screen:
2. If you do not see this screen, first check your cables to make sure you have a solid ethernet light (any one of the four ethernet ports) on the 2Wire modem, then reboot your computer and try accessing the 2Wire modem again.
3. Then, select the Advanced Configuration Settings link in the lower-right corner.
4. Select your Time Zone from the drop-down window.
5. On the same screen, scroll down and select the Transparent Bridging Modebutton. Then, select SAVE.
6. Select the HOME button.
7. The HOME button redirects you back to the Qwest Advanced Networking Modem with Wireless: 2Wire 2700 HG home page.
8. Enter “192.168.0.1/mdc” in the Address bar of your Internet browser to open the 2Wire 2700 HG Management and Diagnostic Console page. Then, select Configurefrom the selections listed under “Broadband Link” on the left side of the screen.
9. In the “DSL and ATM Settings” section:
- Type in “0 (zero)” for VPI and “32” for VCI.
- Choose Bridged LLC from the “ATM Encapsulation” drop-down list.
- Then, select the Disabled button for “ATM PVC Search.”
10. On the same screen, scroll down and select the SUBMIT Settings button.
11. Your Qwest� Advanced Networking Modem with Wireless: 2Wire� 2700 HG modem is now configured to act as a transparent bridge, so all routing features in the modem are disabled.
To delete this configuration and enable all routing features, reset the modem to factory defaults by pressing and holding the “reset” button for ten seconds.
If you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact our Technical Support Department.
© 2009 EasyStreet Online Services, Inc. All rights reserved.
EasyStreet and the EasyStreet logo are registered trademarks of EasyStreet Online Services. Certain other names, logos, designs, titles, words or phrases on this site may constitute trademarks, servicemarks or tradenames of EasyStreet or other entities which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.